2013 Continuing the Conversation – Sunday
Continuing the Conversation
Acts 1:8 “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
Shepherd’s Fold Ranch’s (SFR) summer teaching theme is for the entire camp. We believe that the unity in the theme will increase the unity in our summer staff and campers. These teachings will be progressive through the week and will remain in line with the teaching styles from the previous summer’s programs.
*In our teachings we always point to Jesus as the example, not to the camper in making a mistake.
The following is the breakdown of the daily teaching themes and some questions to ask your camper in order to “continue the conversation” with them. These daily themes were used for all aspects of our daily teachings from encounters to cabin talks.
It is important to note the process…
a) the HS comes on you
b) You receive power to be HIS witness – in your words, actions, forgiveness, unity, etc.) in Jerusalem (start where you’re at – family)
c) you become His witness in Judea (friends/neighbors)
d) you become His witness in Samaria (the people you or others have cast out)
e) you become His witness to the ends of the earth (every person, everywhere)
After we understand the HS, who He is and what He does, we can move onto the second half of verse 8.
#1: SUNDAY – HOLY SPIRIT 101
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you
FIRST, we’ve got to start with the Holy Spirit – if we understand Him and His purpose, it makes it easier to understand and continue walking forward in the journey to being His witnesses! Thankfully we aren’t alone in the witnessing – the Holy Spirit is with us the entire time!
Questions for Campers:
- Why did the disciples have to wait for the Holy Spirit?
- They lacked the power from the Holy Spirit. Jesus had it the whole time, they lacked the power.
- Why were the disciples like a sail boat?
- They were physically ready but did not have any power to move them forward.
- What is the name for the Holy Spirit that was used in the time of the disciples, what does it mean?
- PARACLETUS- to come along side and help! How exciting that God gave us someone whose job is to help us out!
- What are the two things that were covered in the Sunday meeting that the Holy Spirit can do to help us when we need it?
- He can give us words to say when we ask (Luke 12:12) He can intercede on our behalf (Rom 8:26) He gives us correct ways to behave (Gal 5:22)
He is our Advocate and loves to help us…We just need to ask! John 14:16-17