2013 Continuing the Conversation – Thursday
Continuing the Conversation
Acts 1:8 “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
Shepherd’s Fold Ranch’s (SFR) summer teaching theme is for the entire camp. We believe that the unity in the theme will increase the unity in our summer staff and campers. These teachings will be progressive through the week and will remain in line with the teaching styles from the previous summer’s programs.
*In our teachings we always point to Jesus as the example, not to the camper in making a mistake.
The following is the breakdown of the daily teaching themes and some questions to ask your camper in order to “continue the conversation” with them. These daily themes were used for all aspects of our daily teachings from encounters to cabin talks.
It is important to note the process…
a) the HS comes on you
b) You receive power to be HIS witness – in your words, actions, forgiveness, unity, etc.) in Jerusalem (start where you’re at – family)
c) you become His witness in Judea (friends/neighbors)
d) you become His witness in Samaria (the people you or others have cast out)
e) you become His witness to the ends of the earth (every person, everywhere)
After we understand the HS, who He is and what He does, we can move onto the second half of verse 8.
#5: THURSDAY – WITNESSING TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH (everywhere you go)
How do we be a witness no matter where we are?
- Daily pursuing a closer relationship with Jesus
- Daily diving into scripture
- Being a part of a community of believers (people who are like-minded in their values and beliefs and also people who are further along on their walk with Jesus to challenge and help grow you)
- Jesus is the source (ONLY)
- **Impress that we are not alone in this! The Lord sent the Holy Spirit to help us do the things He is asking of us!
Questions for campers:
- What are some ways you can be a witness no matter where you are and who you’re with?
A: Pursue Jesus daily, daily dive into scripture, be a part of a community of believers, know that Jesus is the only source (not camp, not friends, nothing except for Jesus).
- Why should you spend time with just you and Jesus every day?
- To build a closer relationship – just like with friends or any relationship, they are built by spending time talking to and listening so that you can get to know each other.
- Do you have a community of believers (people who think the same way, who value the same values of Jesus, and who challenge you to be better followers of Christ)?
- If yes, GREAT job!! Stay connected!
- If not, where can you get plugged in?
- Do you have to go to camp to know that Jesus is real?
- No! Jesus is with you anywhere you are! A few ways you can connect with Him are through prayer, scripture, listening, journaling, or singing.