2013 Continuing the Conversation – Tuesday
Continuing the Conversation
Acts 1:8 “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
Shepherd’s Fold Ranch’s (SFR) summer teaching theme is for the entire camp. We believe that the unity in the theme will increase the unity in our summer staff and campers. These teachings will be progressive through the week and will remain in line with the teaching styles from the previous summer’s programs.
*In our teachings we always point to Jesus as the example, not to the camper in making a mistake.
The following is the breakdown of the daily teaching themes and some questions to ask your camper in order to “continue the conversation” with them. These daily themes were used for all aspects of our daily teachings from encounters to cabin talks.
It is important to note the process…
a) the HS comes on you
b) You receive power to be HIS witness – in your words, actions, forgiveness, unity, etc.) in Jerusalem (start where you’re at – family)
c) you become His witness in Judea (friends/neighbors)
d) you become His witness in Samaria (the people you or others have cast out)
e) you become His witness to the ends of the earth (every person, everywhere)
After we understand the HS, who He is and what He does, we can move onto the second half of verse 8.
#3: TUESDAY – WITNESSING IN JUDEA (friends/neighbors)
- In the night encounter we made the connection between Judea and friends/neighbors by relating that Jesus wanted the disciples to influence Judea, which was a larger area that they were a part of on a regular basis. (Friends and Neighbors)
- Answer: How do we be a witness to our friends?
- Kindness/ gentleness
- Self-control/ peace
- Faithfulness (giving due credit to the Lord)
- Galatians 5:22
Questions for campers:
- How can you be a witness to your friends?
- Use kind words, self-control in your actions, and glorifying God in words and actions.
- How can you share Jesus’ peace in a situation with your friends?
- Pray with them and remind them of the fruits of the Spirit.
- Was there something Jesus revealed to you that you need to change so you can be a better witness to your friends?
- (open-ended question)
- What have you done since you have been home to be a witness to your friends?
- (open-ended question)
- How do we have the fruits of the Spirit?
- The Holy Spirit is our helper! (Gal. 5:22 & John 14:26)
- What are some ways your friends can know that you are a witness for Jesus?
- The fruits of the Spirit are evident in your life (Gal. 5:22).